A Class Divided (video)

Thank you Ben for posting this. Such a wonderful video that I have never seen before!!

One Friday in April in 1968, the day after Martin Luther King, Jr. was murdered, Jane Elliot decided to teach her 3rd graders a lesson in discrimination...

Here's the Upworthy version going around: http://www.upworthy.com/watch-a-teacher-make-her-3rd-grade-kids-hate-each-other-for-the-best-reason-imaginable-2

And here is the full program: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/divided/





Comments

  1. Lani, this is awesome. Have you shown any students this? I'd really like to build a lesson around this video and topic as being a foreign teacher in a small city in China see's me encounter this problem every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, our school doesn't have any kind of media for us to use. There's a huge lumbering TV I can roll in to my class but I think it's attached w/ a DVD. Ancient artifact :P

    Perhaps when I have a lesson related to this I can bring in my laptop. If you do it, you must let me know how it goes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts